Congratulations to the girls who made the 2018-2019 Spring Valley Cheerleading team!
Below are the tumbling requirements for rising 7th through 12th grade athletes who wish to tryout for competitive cheer:
Varsity Cheer Tryout Requirements : The minimum tumbling requirement is standing back handspring AND a round off back handspring to be eligible to tryout for Varsity cheer. A standing tuck and round off back tuck are highly recommended.
**Please note that if you are a rising Senior and do not meet the tumbling requirements for Varsity, you will not be able to tryout for cheer as Seniors are only eligible for the Varsity Cheer Team.**
JV Cheer Tryout Requirements : JV cheer is a great place to gain experience and skills. While there is no minimum requirement for JV, we highly recommend athletes trying out have a standing back handspring to make the team.
If your athlete cannot safely execute the requirements listed above, they will not be allowed to tryout. If anyone is looking for a tumble class prior to tryouts in April, feel free to contact one of the gyms we currently have class:
located at 170 Pontiac Business Center Drive, Columbia, SC 29229, 803.422.3662
Rockstar Cheer Columbia
located at 720 Old Clemson Road, Columbia, SC 29229, 803.851.0464
**If you are a rising 7th or 8th grade middle school student for the 2018-19 school year, you may also tryout for SV competitive cheer if you meet the following requirements:
1. The athlete is zoned for Spring Valley High School. (There is an exception for students of employees of Richland School District 2)
2. The athlete has made their middle school cheer team. Rising 7th graders will have to be evaluated after the end of the current school year.
3. The athlete meets the minimum tryout requirements for either the JV or Varsity cheer teams (see above).
4. The athlete's middle school coach is aware/understands the obligations of the athlete for high school competitive cheer.
5. The athlete meets all the Spring Valley High School, Richland 2 School District and South Carolina High School League athlete/athletic requirements.
All athletes must have a sports physical dated after April 1, 2017 to attend tryouts if they are not returning athletes.
Please go to link below (click button labeled Forms Necessary for Tryouts) to print the required forms and bring the completed forms with you to tryouts on the first day. Include and use the checklist to be sure you have submitted all forms at once. The checklist will be initialed by Coach Echols and submitted to the Athletic Director only after all forms are turned in. Athletic fees will be paid during registration.
Contact the Coaches!
SPRING VALLEY CHEER HONORS
2015 2nd in District
2014 1st in District
2013 1st in District/State Finalist
2009 1st in Region
2009 State Finalist
2004 State Finalist